COVID-19 Resource Portal
The City of Hayward is in continuous communication with Alameda County Public Health about COVID-19 and will share any important updates on our website as well as our social media channels.
The City of Hayward announced today it will reopen City Hall effective Tuesday, July 6, for in-person services on a part-time basis from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
For your convenience, please see below for frequently asked questions and services.
- COVID-19 Updates and Response Information
- COVID-19 Testing Center
- COVID-19 Rental Housing Relief
- COVID-19 FHA Mortgage Relief
- Vehicle-Based Gatherings during COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Order
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit during Shelter-in-Place Order
- Make a Payment
- Hayward Water Support
- Pay a Traffic Ticket
- Report an Abandoned Vehicle
- Sign up for AC Alert
- Subscribe to Public Safety emails
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan for businesses
- For all other questions or concerns, please utilize our Access Hayward system.
Departments with modified hours or services:
Permit Center: Effective April 29, 2021
All construction projects that follow the Construction Project Safety Protocols included with the health order in Appendix B will be allowed to continue beginning 5-4-20. Please read the County Health Order Appendix B carefully for specific guidelines required in order to operate construction sites safely. For further questions or concerns please contact Omar Noorzad at email@example.com or (510) 583-4313.
The City Permit Center will remain closed until further notice. Plan review applications and permit issuance will be via email and a drop box system. For assistance please contact a Permit Technician at (510) 583-4005 or email at Building.Permits@hayward-ca.gov
Most other staff are working from home, so to reach other divisions, call the numbers below, or e-mail your staff contact directly.
- For Building Division, (510) 583-4140
- For Fire Department, (510) 583-4900
- For Planning Division, (510) 583-4216 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Code Enforcement Division, please contact your code inspector directly or the telephone number shown on the letter you received.
For more information and updates on COVID-19, please visit: www.hayward-ca.gov/covid-19