COVID-19 Resource Portal
The City of Hayward is in continuous communication with Alameda County Public Health about COVID-19 and will share any important updates on our website as well as our social media channels.
In the interests of public health and controlling the spread of COVID-19, the City of Hayward is taking steps that include the modification or limiting of non-essential City services or access to certain facilities. Many staff members will be working from home and may not be readily available to promptly return your email.
For your convenience, please see below for frequently asked questions and services.
- COVID-19 Updates and Response Information
- COVID-19 Testing Center
- Vehicle-Based Gatherings during COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Order
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit during Shelter-in-Place Order
- Make a Payment
- Hayward Water Support
- Pay a Traffic Ticket
- Report an Abandoned Vehicle
- Sign up for AC Alert
- Subscribe to Public Safety emails
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan for businesses
- For all other questions or concerns, please utilize our Access Hayward system.
Departments with modified hours or services:
Hayward Police Department:
Due to the Shelter in Place in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, effective August 31, 2020, the following front counter hours will be implemented:
- Front Counter will be open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- Front Counter will be open every Saturday from 9am to noon for vehicle releases and report requests only.
The Records Unit is committed to assisting the public during this difficult time and we thank you for your understanding. Should you have any questions, please contact our non-emergency line at (510)293-7272.
Hayward Executive Airport:
Hayward Executive Airport remains open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. In addition:
- The FAA Hayward Air Traffic Control Tower is open
The airport administrative and maintenance staffs are at a minimum
The airport’s two fixed base operators, APP Jet Center and Meridian Hayward, are open
Many of the other 38 commercial tenants remain open – however, please call ahead to confirm that regular business hours are in affect
To learn more about the airports response visit their webpage.
City street sweeping services will resume Monday, June 15, street-sweeping parking regulations won’t begin until Monday, Aug. 3.
Hayward Public Library:
Effective, Sunday, the 15th of March, Hayward Public Library (HPL) will be closed to the public. Learn more about the closures and extended due dates here.
Permit Center: Effective April 1, 2020
Alameda Health Orders have mandated that all construction that is non-essential as covered under California Health and Safety Code Section 120295 and California Penal Code Section 69, 148 (a)(1) with exception under section 13 (f)(v) see below are to cease and persons shall shelter in place or work from home. All City of Hayward inspectors shall perform inspections associated with essential services and work related to healthcare operations, affordable housing or income restricted, shelters and temporary housing (not including hotels and motels) and construction or repairs to residential sanitation, electrical services and/or repairs that cannot reasonably be delayed. All other construction work shall wait until the Alameda Health Orders are lifted and clearance for construction is issued.
During this time building permits will be issued for emergency repairs only; for assistance please contact: Alexandrea Sepulveda at (510) 583-4136 or Alexandrea.Sepulveda@hayward-ca.gov
Most other staff are working from home, so to reach other divisions, call the numbers below, or e-mail your staff contact directly.
- Building Division, (510) 583-4005
- Fire Department, (510) 583-4900
- Planning Division, (510) 583-4216 or email Planning.Division@hayward-ca.gov
- Code Enforcement Division, please contact your code inspector directly or the telephone number shown on the letter you received.