Hayward Public Library Reopening Plan
On Monday, June 21, the Hayward Public Library will extend its downtown branch hours as well as expand its new limited walk-in service, HPL Express, to the Weekes branch library, allowing members of the public to enter the branch during two-hour sessions.
Through the new HPL Express walk-in service, library users will be able to enter the downtown branch during two-hour, limited-capacity sessions and will be required to follow all safety protocols, including social distancing and mask requirements.
Available HPL Express services include self-service check-out of materials and hold pick-ups; new library cards and payment of charges; computer use for a maximum of one hour per day; browsing the collection; reference assistance; self-service copying, scanning and printing; and Wi-Fi access.
HPL Express hours at the downtown HPL branch are:
- Monday, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. 1 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
HPL Express hours at the Weekes HPL branch are:
- Monday 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday 10 a.m. to noon
Other ways to use the Hayward Public Library:
HPL to Go:
The Hayward Public Library provides curbside pickup of library materials through the HPL to Go program.
Through HPL to Go, library users may request items to pick up outside the Downtown Hayward library by using the online catalog or calling (510) 881-7980 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Pickup times vary by branch. Please click the link below to learn more.
COVID-19 safety rules:
Library visitors also must follow all current COVID-19 safety rules issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department for Retail Stores and Shopping Centers, as well as all posted signage and verbal instructions from staff.
- Entering and exiting the building through the garage side entrance
- Wearing appropriately fitting protective face covering/mask required for all visitors two years of age and older
- Observing of social-distancing guidelines within the library or while waiting to enter
- Sanitizing hands upon entering the building
- Staying home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- No eating or drinking within the library