Apply for a U.S. Passport
Welcome to the Hayward City Clerk’s Office Passport Acceptance Facility
Passport services are by appointment only. You can make an appointment online or by calling (510) 583-4400. Walk-in appointments are not available. Each applicant must have a separate appointment.
All applicants, regardless of age, must appear in person.
Please be sure to complete your application prior to arriving to your appointment. Form DS-11 can be found online at travel.state.gov.
We may be unable to process your application if you don't provide all of the below, necessary items.
What else do you need to bring with you?
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., original birth certificate) + photocopy (CA and TX abstracts not accepted)
- Proof of identity (i.e., California ID/Driver’s License) + photocopy of both sides
- Recent color passport photograph (without glasses).
- All applicable fees and optional postage.
- Passport Execution Fees are payable to the “City of Hayward” for $35 by cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit card payments.
- Fees to the “U.S. Department of State” are payable by check or money order only.
A complete list of Passport Requirements can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website (travel.state.gov), along with forms, acceptable proof of identification and U.S. citizenship, and answers to most frequently asked questions.
Special Instructions for minors
For more information you call our 24-hour Passport Information Hotline at (510) 583-4434 or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For more immediate travel or passport needs, please contact the U.S. Department of State at (877) 487-2778.