Paratransit is a door-to-door transportation service for people who are unable to use other forms of public transportation (such as the regular bus or BART) because of a medical condition or disability.
- East Bay Paratransit (operated by AC Transit and BART) is the primary paratransit service for Alameda County residents. Call 510.287.5000 or 1.800.555.8085 for more information.
- The Hayward Paratransit Program complements and supplements the East Bay Paratransit service when it is unable to provide service. Priority is given to those who need pre-scheduled medical trips to and from the doctor or dentist, the pharmacy, dialysis and radiology treatments, and to therapy appointments.
To be eligible for Hayward Paratransit Program services, applicants must:
- Be a resident of the City of Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, or the unincorporated areas of San Leandro; and
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old; and
- Be unable to drive or use other public transportation (such as the bus or BART) independently due to a medical or disabling condition.
For more information, please call the Paratransit Program at 510.583.4230. Rides are provided as capacity allows.
- Accessible Transit in Alameda County
- Alameda CTC
- East Bay Paratransit
- East Bay Paratransit Application
- Taxi Voucher Order Form
- Hayward Paratransit Flyer
- Hayward Paratransit Flyer – SPANISH
- Hayward Paratransit Program Application
- Hayward Paratransit Program Application - SPANISH
- East Bay Paratransit Rider's Guide
- East Bay Paratransit Rider's Guide - SPANISH
- The City operates two housing rehabilitation programs for eligible Hayward homeowners:
- Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program: The loan program offers deferred loans with 0% interest to eligible Hayward homeowners.
- Minor Home Repair Grant Program: Clients who do not qualify for the loan program might be eligible for a grant.
Please refer to the Housing Rehabilitation Program Guidelines and Thresholds for types of eligible repairs, income limits, and more information on the program.
For more information, please call the Community Services Division at 510.583.4250.
Read more on the Senior Services page in the Residents section of this website.