City of Hayward Elections
- The next General Municipal Election will be held on November 8, 2022.
- The Mayor seat and two (2) Council Member seats will be up for election.
- The Mayor and Council Members are elected and serve 4-year terms. To qualify, a candidate must be a registered voter of the City of Hayward.
For More information please contact:
- The City Clerk will issue candidate nomination materials in-person during regular business hours. The nomination period starts July 18, 2022 and ends August 12, 2022 at 5;00 p.m. If the incumbent does not file nomination papers by August 12, 2022, the filing period will be extended to August 17, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- The office of the City Clerk will follow standard procedures, such as verification of eligibility for the office sought, before issuing candidate documents.
- All materials requiring an oath by the candidate must be executed in the presence of a notary or at the office of the City Clerk.